While I let my imagination run wild in my art career, I stick to very conservative treatments in my home and  advise the same with clients.  I usually ask  two questions:
  1. Will you still love this in 5 years?
  2. How will  this  treatment affect  resale value?  
I know ... boring and predictable, but there you have it.  I think it's great that there are people who are willing to step into the abyss and let their creativity run wild.  What do you think of these?




Designer Drew Stuart placed his client's favorite Josef Frank fabric between two pieces of architectural glass above this stove.



You can have back painted glass in any colour. 


LouiseM is a French story-telling painter  who mixes pop and street art. This personalized  interior included  the names of the family members and their favourite foods and drinks.


Pebbles with dark gray grout.  



Wine corks with black and white art.




Great use for the defunct Canadian penny!  Busy for sure.  Working copper into a kitchen colour scheme could be a problem.


  Everstone is putting out uniquely shaped designs, from pointy shards to circular bubbles. Seems fitting for a backsplash!

A truly one-of-a-kind option, this colorful backsplash made with recycled skateboards is featured in a kitchen in the Lofts at Cherokee Studios multifamily project in L.A.




What about vintage bottle caps?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top