Some images need to stand alone to enable us to thoroughly enjoy all the nuances they contain. Because too much text can wear out an image as well as a post I'm planning a series of posts titled Details that highlight things that please me visually.
Gray is not everyone's cup of tea, but it's been my neutral go to colour since the mid 80's. Gray is actually a very complex colour and it's "nature" is defined by the colours that have been neutralized to make it.
The details I love:
- the shape of the vintage credenza with all those drawers
- the variety in the values of gray used
- the high sheen on the door makes it stand out from the other more matt textures
- the one hit of colour in the flowers
- the ornate crown mouldings contrasting with the simplicity of everything else